Friday, April 4, 2008

Hello to All



We thought it was about time that we join the blogging world. I don't anticipate that I will be nearly as motivated as others to update this on a routine basis, but I'll do my best.

We're knee deep in soccer season right now. I guess we're just asking for it, but we signed Alex, Ryan and Jaime up for soccer. Practices are wrapping up today and for the next 4 weeks we have the wonderful opportunity to attend games Tuesday through Friday each week. If that wasn't enough, Ryan and Jaime's games are on Wednesday and Friday and are either back to back or at the same time. In case you didn't catch on earlier, my words were oozing with sarcasm as I described this as a "wonderful opportunity." It will be a difficult month, but it will be great to watch the kids play in as many games as we can.

Melissa let us borrow some soccer cleats for Jaime since this is her first year playing soccer. Jaime, being the oh-so girl that she is, had a breakdown when she saw the cleats and that they weren't girly enough for her or that they didn't match her clothes. A similar experience was had when the coach gave her the soccer uniform. She has become accustomed to the shoes and uniform now and is enjoying her practices.

Alex had his registration last night for junior high. We just celebrated Ryan's 10th birthday last month. It is hard to believe that they are both growing up so fast. They are best friends and most of the time play quite well together.

Adam is a little bundle of energy. He turns 2 this month and is the bright spot in our home. The other kids love him so much and practically maul him when they play. For those family members and friends who aren't already aware, Adam will be a big brother this year. We are expecting around the first week of October and are patiently awaiting the time where we can find out if it is a boy or girl (Jaime is really pulling for a girl).

So long until next time.

5 comments:

Erica said...

I am so excited that you guys started a blog! Now I can snoop on it every once in a while and see what you guys are up to. Hey congrats on the new addition! How much fun. Can't wait to see if it's a boy or girl. I'll be pulling for a girl.

Jeri said...

This is great! I love being able to read the family blogs and keep updated on what's happening. I love the pictures, too. Keep it coming! Love you guys! Mom

Jenny said...

Your kids have grown up so much since I saw them last. Jaime is so cute and looks so much like you. And your boys are so handsome. Congratulations on your pregnancy. I'm excited for you!

Jody said...

I can't believe how much your kids have grown! Now we can keep up on what's going on with you guys.

Amy Simms said...

Hey guys! Cute blog. I didn't know you had all three of the kids in soceer, I thought it was just the boys. You really are crazy! We need to get together soon. Blokus is calling our names! See you soon.