I just need to mention an accomplishment of Alex's this past Saturday. I've been riding my bike a lot this summer and decided that it made sense for Alex to accompany me on some of my rides and earn the Cycling merit badge. Over the summer he went on 2-10 mile rides, 2-15 mile rides and 2-25 mile rides with me. This past Saturday was the last and BIG one, a 50-miler. He did great. We were gone for about 5 1/2 hours and spent 4 1/2 hours of that time on our bikes. We rode from our house and almost made it to the interchange of Legacy highway and I-215. Not only was it his first 50, it was mine as well. I'd had some pretty long rides during the summer, but not that long. I can't speak for Alex, but I don't appreciate getting that cozy for that long with a bike seat.Congrats, Alex!!!
1 comment:
Hey Alex, That is quite a feat! You can pat yourself on the back. One step closer to getting your Eagle.
I don't think I could even make it down to the mailbox and back on a bike. (I could probably make it on the 4-wheeler though. :)
Post a Comment